20% Week 1 – The Basics!

Hi, my name is Jessie and for my 20% project I chose to learn ukulele! This week my goal was to accomplish learning tuning and basic chords. I also learned some strings and how to play them, some of the strings were A, E, G, and C! Some pictures and posters and also videos I found online helped me with learning the chords and also an app I downloaded called Tuner helped with the tuning part. Although I accomplished that goal I also had some complications. Some of the complications were that the classroom was too noisy for the tuner to hear the ukulele string, and I forgot my pick! To help with these complications the adjustments I made were to just play without the pick and I moved outside of the classroom to tune the ukulele. To help we remember all the strings I remember that people sometimes put the strings in order from 1st-4th so I remember A is 1st, E is 2nd, G is 3rd, and C is 4th! Next week I want to learn basic chords and I am so glad I picked learning the ukulele as my 20% project!